Sunday, October 04, 2009

A Visit to America 2

Touchdown in America!  Well, what do we get? A blanket of white mist, it’s not haze! 

Decided to have McDonald’s for lunch!  Very healthy Classic Grilled Chicken Sandwich…[ picture to follow]  The french fries has too much salt, i was given six pieces of napkins too.  Differences noted.  alamak! the price really hurts, USD$7.27 = RM25.45!!!

One thing I notice, the escalators and travellators operates at a much slower speed than in Asia, wonder why?

If someone ask me what are some of the differences of Asia and US, i would say there’s a lot of emphasis on public safety, sometimes over the top…I’ll find an example.  There’s sign of don’t do this, don’t do that, all over the place.

Nearly miss the plane as I was in the toilet and announcement made, i was practically the last one.

The plane was small! one seat plus 2 seats, like Konsortium bus :)  When we got to the runway, the weather really moved in and we were stuck on the runway for 30 minutes.  It was interesting to watch all the planes line up and wait.  Big planes, small planes, all different types of airlines.

The ascend was amazing and scary, since we could not see anything.  Finally when we broke clear, we saw amazing cloud formation.  Alas, i did not have my camera with me, finally took some shots with  my BB, but the most spectacular clouds were over.

The descend was greeted by beautiful Baltimore, full of greeneries and rolling hills. The bay was nearby.  I was excited.

The first sight of baggage claim sank my heart – again! The same wheel that was missing last trip, it HAPPENED again.  :@  so many trips to Singapore, nothing happen. It always happen from JFK airport to another city.  Should I avoid JFK next time?  hmmm

Got the rental car without any trouble, drove out of the facility and nearly turned into the wrong lane….boy, left hand drive is dangerous!

reached the hotel, turn the wrong turn and made a big round before finally figuring out what happen.  I keyed in 800 instead of 700 for the street number!  And here I was ready to blame the GPS!

Reach the hotel room, lie down on the bed and promptly went to sleep.  Hey, give me a break, that was 37 hours since leaving home!

Good nite…

No comments: